Nurture Elementary Program: Level 1
We provide the resources below for information only, and no part of its contents should be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, recommendation or endorsement by Nurture. Nurture does not assume any liability for programs conducted via the use of this material. Participating individuals should always ask their physician for his or her recommendation before starting any new health-related activity. Please enjoy these materials and credit Nurture when using them.
Main focus areas
- Distinguishing between Go Foods that nourish our bodies and Slow Foods that don’t
- How fruits and vegetables help our bodies and how to add them to our meals
- How exercise, go foods, water and sleep keep us healthy
Below are links to the materials you’ll need to provide Level 1 programming
- Level 1 Student Pre-program Questionnaire: English Spanish
- Level 1 Student Post-program Questionnaire: English Spanish
- Level 1 Student Questionnaire: Answer Key
- Level 1 Learning Objectives
- Level 1 Summary Chart
|Food for Fuel: Go or Slow?
|Go and Slow Relay
|Go Slow Cartoon
|Go and Slow Foods
|Energy Balance Exercises
|Hungry or Full?
|Fruits and Veggies
|Fruit and Veggie Spud
|Fruit and Veggie Math
|Fruits and Vegetables
|Fitting in More Fruits and Veggies
|Fruit and Veggies Red Light, Green Light
|Calculating Fruit & Vegetable Consumption
|Fitting in Fruits and Vegetables
|Fitness is Fun!
|My Healthy Heart
|Fitness is Fun
|Growing a Strong Body
|Need or Want
|Strong Bodies: Needs and Wants
|Where Does Food Come From
|Farmer and the Crow
|Where Does Food Come From?
|From Go to Slow
|Simon Says Go or Slow
|All About Me
|Fun, Fresh, Family